Bra Registration is Now Open
Design a bra that tells a story, shares inspiration or simply shows your creativity! Anyone can enter a bra…groups, businesses or individuals. The bra art is displayed at the Awards Show & Auction October 23, 5:30-9pm at TCC Chesapeake. Bra-makers can choose to keep their bra or submit it in the auction. Proceeds provide free mammograms and breast health services to underinsured community members here in Hampton Roads.
New this year…more bra categories and more ways to win!
The winning bras in each category will be modeled at the Awards Show & Auction. A Grand Prize winner will be announced that night and wins $1,000!
Register below or download a Bra Entry Form. Then decorate a 38C back-closure bra (see Entry Guidelines below). Bra registrations and fees are due Friday, Oct. 4, 2019.
Entry forms can be emailed to Foundation@ChesapeakeRegional.com or mailed to 736 Battlefield Blvd, North, Chesapeake, VA 23320. Bra drop-off is Oct. 13-15th 12-6pm at TCC Chesapeake.
- Bra entry fee: $25 entry fee per bra (non-refundable)
- Bra-maker’s Special Package: Includes one bra entry AND two tickets to the Awards Show & Auction for $100…a $75 savings!
Bra Categories & Awards
All bras will be entered in three overall categories…Most Creative, Best Craftsmanship and Grand Prize (wins $1,000!). Bra-makers can also choose to enter in ONE of the nine theme categories below. Winning bras in each category will be modeled in the fashion show by breast cancer survivors at the Awards Show & Auction October 18th at TCC Chesapeake. Register bras by October 4, 2019. Bra drop off will be October 13-15 from 12-6pm daily at TCC Chesapeake.
2020 Theme Categories: (Bra-makers can also choose ONE of these theme categories)
- Favorite Sport or Sports Team
- Best Business Entry
- Best Holiday or Seasonal Inspired
- Best Mardi Gras Inspired (2020 CRHF Gala theme)
- Favorite Decade
- Best Youth Entry (13 years and under)
- Best Entry by a School
- Best Entry by a CRH Staff Member or Department
- Best General Entry
- People’s Choice Award (to be voted on during the event and the week the bras are on display)
Bras will be exhibited at TCC Chesapeake’s Student Center from October 19-26. The Bra Exhibit is free and open to the public. Bra-makers are encouraged to display their bra art in local businesses, community organizations and homes throughout the month of October to help increase awareness about breast cancer screening.
Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines
- All bra entries must be created on a new 38C back-closure, underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Bras should not be sewn closed. The inside does not need to be decorated.
- Bras should be well constructed, as they may be moved and mounted on various mannequins. Appliques and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferred, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
- Bras should be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable, or in any way inherently dangerous. Please do not use food or any food products.
- Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting or transfer to a display mannequin or worn by models. No backing panels or plaques are permitted.
- All bra registrations and fees are due by midnight on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019. Register online or download a Bra Entry form.
- Each entry must include a name tag with the designer’s name, contact phone number, email and bra name. Name tags must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on with a permanent marker. All bra entries must include a short paragraph/statement of no more than 510 characters describing the inspiration for the bra. If the inspiration paragraph is received after the registration deadline of October 4, 2019, the bra will be displayed at the Awards Show, but will not be included in the judging.
- Judging: If the bra fails to meet entry rules and guidelines, we reserve the right to display the bra but remove it from the judging process.
- Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes. With the permission from the bra-maker at bra drop off, non-winning bras will be auctioned off at the Awards Show & Auction. If the bra-maker chooses to keep their bra, it may be picked up on Sunday, October 27, 2019 from 1 – 6pm at Tidewater Community College Chesapeake’s Student Center. Please bring a valid ID to retrieve your bra at bra pick up.
- Bras that are not picked up by 6pm on October 27, 2019, become property of Chesapeake Regional Healthcare.
- Eligibility: The Awards Show is open to all original artworks. All entries must follow the Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.
Bra Drop off is at Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake Student Center, 1428 Cedar Rd, Chesapeake, 23320.
Drop off your bra entry on any of these days:
- Sunday, October 13: 12-6pm
- Monday, October 14: 12-6pm
- Tuesday, October 15: 12-6pm
At bra drop off, bra-makers can choose to enter their bra(s) in the silent auction. Please download and complete the 2019 Bra Auction Permission Form and bring it to bra drop off.
Bra-makers who choose to keep their bra can pick up on Sunday, October 27th from 2 – 6pm at Tidewater Community College Chesapeake Student Center. Please bring a valid ID for bra pick-up. Bras that are not picked up by 6pm on October 27, 2019 become property of Chesapeake Regional Healthcare.