Awards Show & Auction
Friday, October 19, 2018, Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake Student Center, 7-9 p.m.
Saturday, October 20 Saturday, October 27, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake Student Center. Free and open to the public.
Each bra entry requires a non-refundable $25 entry fee.
Bra maker package: For $85 bra makers may enter the contest and receive two tickets to the Awards Show & Auction.
The show is open to all original artworks. All entries and follow the submission guidelines. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.
Awards and Prizes
There will be first, second and third place awards. First place winner receives $1,000.
Additional categories include:
- Best Business
- Best Craftsmanship
- Most Creative
- Most Humorous
- Most Inspirational
- 13 and Under
Submissions will be judged based on subject matter, artistic merit, creativity and craftsmanship.
- All entries are to be created on a new 38C back-closure, underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Please do not sew the bra closed. The inside does not need to be decorated.
- Bras should be well constructed, as they may be moved and mounted on various mannequins. Appliques and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferable, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
- Bras are to be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable, or in any way inherently dangerous. Please do not use food or food products.
- Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting or transfer to a display mannequin or worn by models. No backing panels or plaques.
- Each entry must include a name tag with the designer’s name, contact information and bra name. Name tags must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on with a permanent marker. All bra entries must include a short paragraph of 510 characters or less describing inspiration for the piece.
- JUDGING: If the bra fails to meet submission rules and guidelines, we reserve the right to display the bra, but remove it from the judging process.
- REMINDER: Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes. With the permission from the bra maker at bra drop off, non-winning bras will be auctioned off at the Awards Show. If the bra maker wants to keep the bra, it may be picked up on Saturday or Sunday, October 27 & 28 at TCC from 12 – 4 p.m. Bra makers are encouraged to display their bras in local businesses, community organizations and homes throughout the month of October to help spread more awareness about breast cancer. Please bring a valid ID for pick up. Bras that are not picked up by 4 p.m. on October 28 become property of Chesapeake Regional Healthcare.
When & Where to Drop Your Bra Off
Tidewater Community College – Chesapeake Student Center
1428 Cedar Rd,
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Sunday, October 14: 12-4pm
Monday, October 15: 12 – 6pm
Tuesday, Oct 16: 12-6pm
The silent auction will feature bras from this year’s competition. At bra drop-off, you will be given the option to enter your bra(s) in the silent auction. You can also fill out the 2018 Bra Auction Permission and bring it with you at drop off. If you chose not to enter your bra(s), they will be available at bra pick-up. Details below.
Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes. All other bra makers are encouraged to pick up their bras on Saturday, October 27th. Bra Makers are encouraged to display their bras in local businesses, community organizations and homes throughout the month of October to help spread more awareness about breast cancer. Please bring a valid ID for pick up.
All bra submissions and registration fees are due by midnight on Friday, October 5. Please be sure to send your 510 character (or less) inspiration to email@example.com no later than Friday, October 5. If we do not have your inspiration after that date, your bra will be displayed, but will be removed from judging.
Bras that are not picked up by 6pm on October 28 become property of Chesapeake Regional Healthcare.