Bra Registration is Open!
Bra Registration & Pricing
Entering your bra is a snap!
Design and enter a bra that tells your story, shares inspiration or simply shows your creativity.
- Decorate a bra with any non-perishable items you can imagine. Food is not allowed.
- All entries should use a new, 38C back-closure underwire bra.
- All bra registrations and fees are due by midnight on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019. Register online or by completing the entry form and returning to the Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation. Click here to download an Entry Form.
- Submit an inspiration paragraph (510 characters or less) along with each bra entry.
- Make sure bra entries adhere to Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines
Bra entry fee: Each bra entry requires a non-refundable entry fee of $25.
Bra-makers Special Package: For $100 bramakers can enter a bra AND receive two tickets to the Awards Show & Auction. (A savings of $75!)
Bra entries will be displayed at the Awards Show & Auction on Friday, October 18, 2019 from 5:30-9pm at the Tidewater Community College Chesapeake Student Center. Bras will be exhibited at the TCC Chesapeake Student Center from Saturday, October 19, to Saturday October 26, from 10am – 6pm. The bra exhibit is free and open to the public.
Bra Categories & Awards
Bra-makers can choose to enter their bra in any of these categories.* An overall Grand Place winner will be selected to receive $1,000 ! Submissions will be judged on artistic merit, subject matter, creativity and craftsmanship.
2019 Bra categories include:
- Most Creative
- Best Craftsmanship
- Best Profession-Inspired (any profession)
- Best Sports Inspired
- Best Business Entry (retail, corporate, restaurants, etc.)
- Best Arts & Entertainment Inspired
- Best School Entry
- Best Seasonal or Holiday Inspired
- Best Youth Entry (13 years and under)
- Best Mardis Gras-Inspired (2020 CRHF Gala Theme)
- Best CRH Department or Staff Entry
Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes.
Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines
- All bra entries must be created on a new, size 38C back-closure, underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Bras should not be sewn closed. The inside does not need to be decorated.
- Bras should be well constructed, as they may be moved and mounted on various mannequins. Appliques and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferred, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
- Bras should be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable, or in any way inherently dangerous. Please do not use food or any food products.
- Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting or transfer to a display mannequin worn by models. No backing panels or plaques are permitted.
- All bra registrations and fees are due by midnight on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019. Register online or by completing the entry form.
- Each entry must include a name tag with the designer’s name, contact phone number, email and bra name. Name tags must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on with a permanent marker. All bra entries must include a short paragraph/statement of 510 characters or less describing inspiration for the bra design. If the inspiration paragraph is received after the registration deadline of October 4, 2019, the bra will be displayed at the Awards Show, but will not be included in the judging.
- Judging: If the bra fails to meet entry rules and guidelines, we reserve the right to display the bra, but remove it from the judging process.
- Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes. With the permission from the bra-maker at bra drop off, non-winning bras will be auctioned off at the Awards Show & Auction. If the bra-maker elects to keep their bra, it may be picked up on Sunday, October 27, 2019 at Tidewater Community College Chesapeake Student Center from 12-6pm . Please bring a valid ID to retrieve your bra at bra pick up.
- Bras that are not picked up by 6pm on October 27, 2019, become property of Chesapeake Regional Healthcare.
- Eligibility: The Awards Show is open to all original artworks. All entries must follow the Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.
Tidewater Community College – Chesapeake Student Center
1428 Cedar Rd,
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Drop off your bra any of these days:
- Sunday, October 13: 12-4pm
- Monday, October 14: 12-4pm
- Tuesday, October 15: 12-4pm
At bra drop off, bra-makers can elect to enter their bra(s) in the silent auction. Please complete the 2019 Bra Auction Permission Form and bring it to bra drop off. If you chose not to enter your bra(s) in the auction, they will be available at bra pick up.
Bra-makers who would like their bras returned should pick up their bras on Sunday, October 27 from 12-6pm at Tidewater Community College Chesapeake Student Center. Please bring a valid ID for bra pick-up. Bras that are not picked up by 12-6pm on Sunday, October 27,2019, become property of Chesapeake Regional Healthcare.
Bra-makers are encouraged to display their bras in local businesses, community organizations and homes throughout the month of October to help increase awareness about breast cancer screening.