Awards Show & Auction
The Bra-ha-ha Mission Continues!
Design a bra that tells a story, shares inspiration or simply shows your creativity! Anyone can enter a bra: groups, businesses or individuals. Bra-makers can choose to keep their bra or submit it in the auction. Proceeds provide free mammograms and breast health services to underinsured community members here in Hampton Roads.
Bra Registration & Tickets are Now Open
Registration is coming soon for the 2023 Bra-ha-ha Awards Show & Auction on Friday, October 13.
The Bra-ha-ha Awards Show & Auction
- Date: Friday, October 13, 2023
- Time: 6:00 – 9:00pm
- Location: Delta Hotels by Marriott – Chesapeake
- Address: 725 Woodlake Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320
2023 Bra Art Judging Categories
- Broadway Inspired
- School Entry (Adult)
- High School Senior Class Challenge
- School Entry (13 years and under)
- School Entry (14 years and older)
- CRH Department or Staff
- General Entry
All bras submitted will be considered for the following categories:
- Best Craftmanship
- Most Creative
- Most Inspirational
- Most Humorous
- Grand Prize Winner
- People’s Choice Award – Facebook Voting
Bra drop off
- Friday, October 6 – Noon – 6 p.m.
- Sunday, October 8 – 1–3 p.m.
- Bra drop off is at:
Delta Hotels by Marriott – Chesapeake
725 Woodlake Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Bra pick up
- November 6 – 10 from 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation office
- 113 Gainsborough Square, Suite 203
- Chesapeake, VA 23320
Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines
- All bra entries must be created on a new 38C back-closure, underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Bras should not be sewn closed. The inside does not need to be decorated.
- Bras should be well constructed, as they may be moved and mounted on various mannequins. Appliques and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferred, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
- NEW – In order to qualify for judging, all entries should resemble a bra and limited in size to easily fit completely into a 24″x12″ container with the lid
- Bras should be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable, or in any way inherently dangerous. Please do not use food or any food products.
- Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting or transfer to a display mannequin or worn by models. Staff will do their best to hand all bras with care but are not responsible for damaged bras.
- Please note that should you choose to have lights, or sounds on your bra, staff will do their best to ensure lights, sounds, etc. are turned on but cannot guarantee the process. We recommend including a note that can be placed on the bra.
- Entries must include a name tag with the designer’s name, contact phone number, email, and bra name/year. Name tags must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on with a permanent marker.
- All bra entries must include a short paragraph/statement of no more than 510 characters describing the inspiration for the bra. If the inspiration paragraph is received after the registration deadline, the bra will be displayed at the Awards Show, but will not be included in the judging.
- Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes.
- Judging: If the bra fails to meet entry rules and guidelines, CRH reserves the right to display the bra but remove it from the judging process. All bras and inspirations must be received by the drop off times to be included in judging.
- Eligibility: The Awards Show is open to all original artworks. All entries must follow the Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.