New: Bra-ha-ha is coming to Elizabeth City!
The Bra-ha-ha at Elizabeth City is presented by the Elizabeth City Chamber of Commerce. Bra registrations and auction money raised will go to Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation. All other monies raised will go to the Elizabeth City Chamber of Commerce.
Design a bra that tells a story, shares inspiration or simply shows your creativity! Anyone can enter: groups, businesses or individuals. Bra-makers may choose to keep their bra or submit it to the auction. Proceeds provide free mammograms and breast health services to underinsured community members in Hampton Roads and northeastern North Carolina.
The Bra-ha-ha at Elizabeth City
- Date: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Time: 3 – 5pm
- Location: Seven Sounds Brewing Company
- Address: 112 North Water Street, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Bra Art Judging Categories
- Best Craftsmanship
- Most Creative
- Most Inspirational
- The ECity Bra Designer of the Year
- People’s Choice Award – Voting tickets available for purchase at event; all entries are eligible
The first 15 bra registrations will receive a FREE GIFT. Register your bra today!
Bra Registration Opens
- July 15, 2022
Bra Registration Deadline
- Sept. 1, 2022
Bra drop off
Thursday, September 8, 2022
- Seven Sounds Brewing Company
- 112 North Water Street, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Bra pick up
- Bra entry fee (non-refundable): $25 per bra
- Individual Ticket -$50
- River City Special: $100 – Includes bra entry fee, plus two Elizabeth City Bra-ha-ha Event tickets – Limit one per bra-maker.
- The Bra-ha-ha at Chesapeake Regional: For an additonal $25, you may enter your bra into Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation’s Bra-ha-ha Award Show & Auction on Friday, October 14.
Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines
- All bra entries must be created on a new 38C back-closure, underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Bras should not be sewn closed. The inside does not need to be decorated.
- Bras should be well constructed, as they may be moved and mounted on various mannequins. Appliques and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferred, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
- Bras should be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable, or in any way inherently dangerous. Please do not use food or any food products.
- Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting or transfer to a display mannequin or worn by models. Staff will do their best to handle all bras with care but are not responsible for “reconstructing” bras.
- Please note that should you choose to have lights or sounds on your bra, staff will do their best to ensure lights, sounds, etc. are turned on but cannot guarantee the process.
- Each entry must include a name tag with the designer’s name, contact phone number, email, and bra name/year. Name tags must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on with a permanent marker.
- All bra entries must include a short paragraph/statement of no more than 510 characters describing the inspiration for the bra. If the inspiration paragraph is received after the registration deadline, the bra will be displayed, but will not be included in the judging.
- Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes. With the permission from the bra-maker at bra drop off, non-winning bras will be auctioned off. Please bring a valid ID to retrieve your bra at bra pick up.
- Judging: If the bra fails to meet entry rules and guidelines, we reserve the right to display the bra but remove it from the judging process. All bras and inspirations but be received by the drop off times to be included in judging.
- Eligibility: The Awards Show is open to all original artworks. All entries must follow the Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.