The Bra-ha-ha Mission Continues!
Design a bra that tells a story, shares inspiration or simply shows your creativity! Anyone can enter a bra: groups, businesses or individuals. Bra-makers can choose to keep their bra or submit it in the auction. Proceeds provide free mammograms and breast health services to underinsured community members here in Hampton Roads.
Bra Registration & Tickets are now closed.
Bra-ha-ha 2022 online ticket sales are now closed, please call the Foundation office for availability 757-312-6314.
The Bra-ha-ha Awards Show & Auction
- Date: Friday, October 14, 2022
- Time: 6:00 – 9:00pm
- Location: Tidewater Community College – Chesapeake Campus
- Address: 1428 Cedar Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322
2022 Bra Art Judging Categories
- Happy Birthday/Anniversary
- School Entry
- Youth Entry (13 & under)
- Holiday or Seasonal
- CRH Department or Staff
- Business Entry
- General Entry
- Best Craftmanship
- Most Creative
- Most Inspirational
- People’s Choice Award – Facebook Voting
Bra drop off
Thursday, October 6th – Noon – 5pm
Friday, October 7th – Noon – 6pm
Sunday, October 9th – 1pm – 3pm
Bra drop off is at:
Tidewater Community College Student Center
1428 Cedar Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322
Bra pick up
- November 7 – 11 9am – 4:30pm
- Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation office
- 113 Gainsborough Square, Suite 203
- Chesapeake, VA 23320
Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines
- All bra entries must be created on a new 38C back-closure, underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Bras should not be sewn closed. The inside does not need to be decorated.
- Bras should be well constructed, as they may be moved and mounted on various mannequins. Appliques and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferred, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
- Bras should be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable, or in any way inherently dangerous. Please do not use food or any food products.
- Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting or transfer to a display mannequin or worn by models. Staff will do their best to hand all bras with care but are not responsible for “reconstructing” bras.
- Please note that should you choose to have lights or sounds on your bra, staff will do their best to ensure lights, sounds, etc. are turned on but cannot guarantee the process.
- Each entry must include a name tag with the designer’s name, contact phone number, email, and bra name/year. Name tags must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on with a permanent marker.
- All bra entries must include a short paragraph/statement of no more than 510 characters describing the inspiration for the bra. If the inspiration paragraph is received after the registration deadline, the bra will be displayed at the Awards Show, but will not be included in the judging.
- Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation reserves the right to keep all winning bras for promotional purposes. With the permission from the bra-maker at bra drop off, non-winning bras will be auctioned off at the Awards Show & Auction. Please bring a valid ID to retrieve your bra at bra pick up.
- Judging: If the bra fails to meet entry rules and guidelines, we reserve the right to display the bra but remove it from the judging process. All bras and inspirations but be received by the drop off times to be included in judging.
- Eligibility: The Awards Show is open to all original artworks. All entries must follow the Bra Entry Rules & Guidelines. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.