Bra Submission Guidelines
Fees: Each entry requires a non-refundable $25 entry fee.
Eligibility: The show is open to all original artworks. All entries should be tasteful. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.
Awards: There will be first, second and third place awards. Additional categories: Most Inspirational, Most Creative, Most Humorous and Best Craftsmanship. All entries are eligible for all categories. Submissions will be judged based on subject matter, artistic merit, creativity and craftsmanship.
• All entries are to be created on a new 38C back-closure underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Please do not sew or glue the bra closed. The inside of the bra does not need to be decorated.
• Bras should be well constructed as they may be moved and mounted for display numerous times. Appliqués and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferred, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
• Bras are to be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable or in any way inherently dangerous.
• Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting on a mannequin. No backing panels or plaques.
• Each entry must include the designer’s name, contact information and bra name. This information must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on the inside with a Sharpie.
• All designers are encouraged to include a short paragraph of 50 words or less describing their inspiration for the piece.
Entry Form and Bra Delivery
All entry forms and registration fees must be submitted by Monday, Aug. 31. You are encouraged to enter using the easy, quick and secure online registration form. If you prefer to mail or to deliver your registration, visit www.brahaha.org to download a printable form.
*Please note an important change in bra drop-offs for the 2015 Bra-ha-ha:
Bras may be dropped off Monday, Aug. 31, through Friday, Sept. 11.
Drop-off hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Friday, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
All bra submissions must be received by 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11, at:
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Marketing Department
667 Kingsborough Square, Suite 300
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Please make checks payable to Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation.
Questions or concerns? Email us at email@example.com.