Bra Submission Guidelines
Fees: Each entry requires a non-refundable $25 entry fee.
Eligibility: The show is open to all original artworks. All entries should be tasteful. The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse to accept or display any entry.
Awards: There will be first, second and third place awards. Additional categories: Inspiration Award, Creativity Award, Humor Award and Craftsmanship Award. All entries are eligible for all categories. Submissions will be judged based on subject matter, artistic merit, creativity and craftsmanship.
• All entries are to be created on a new 38C back-closure underwire bra. All straps, front, back and sides should be completely decorated. Strapless bras cannot be accepted. Please do not sew or glue the bra closed. The inside of the bra does not need to be decorated.
• Bras should be well constructed as they may be moved and mounted for display numerous times. Appliqués and other applied objects should be firmly attached. Sewing is preferred, but strong glues and other mechanical fastening methods are acceptable. Tape is not acceptable.
• Bras are to be constructed of materials that are not perfumed, soiled, perishable, or in any way inherently dangerous.
• Bras must be constructed in a manner that allows for mounting on a mannequin. No backing panels or plaques.
• Each entry must include the designer’s name, contact information and bra name. This information must be attached to the interior of the bra or written on the inside with a sharpie.
• All designers are encouraged to include a short paragraph of 50 words or less describing their inspiration for the piece.
Entry Form and Bra Delivery
*Please note the change in this year's deadlines. Entry fees are due at the same time as registration.
All entry forms and registration fees must be submitted by Fri, Aug 22. You are encouraged to enter using the easy, quick and secure online registration form. If you prefer to mail or to deliver your registration, visit www.brahaha.org to download a printable form.
All bra submissions must be received by 4 p.m. Wed, Sept 3, at:
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Marketing Department
667 Kingsborough Square, Suite 300
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Normal receiving hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday
Please make checks payable to Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation.
Questions or concerns? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.