- Is an event that raises funds in support of all forms of breast health, including free mammograms for those who need it most
- Alleviates financial barriers preventing the early detection and treatment of breast cancer
- Enables more positive outcomes for patients
- Challenges community members to draw upon personal experiences with breast cancer or to support breast cancer awareness by using their inspiration to create a themed design with which to decorate a basic 38C bra as part of an exhibit celebrating life and loved ones.
- Is an event of the Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports the programs, services and equipment needs of Chesapeake Regional Medical Center. All proceeds of the Bra-ha-ha will support free mammograms and related breast health services at the Breast Center at Chesapeake Regional.
- Is a signature event of Chesapeake's 50th, a yearlong event celebrating the City of Chesapeake's 50th anniversary in 2013. Click to visit the Chesapeake's 50th website or watch a video about the celebration.
- Connect those affected by breast cancer with others on the journey and their wider communities
- Ease the pain by welcoming laughter as a participant in the treatment and healing process
- Allow patients and family members the opportunity to approach a difficult situation with a positive, "can-do" attitude
- A seriously uplifting experience
- A creative means to address a very serious issue
- A lot of fun!!!
Who can participate?
- Men, women, young people, and families
- Community groups
- Corporate sponsors
- Retail outlets
- Independent Foundations
- Medical Facilities
All proceeds from Bra-ha-ha® support the Chesapeake Regional Breast Center at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center.
Bra-ha-ha® is a Trademark of Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, Chesapeake, VA © CRMC All rights reserved.